ANTENATAL & POSTNATAL PILATES
Antenatal Pilates has been designed to support you through the physical changes of your pregnancy, preparing you for birth and setting you up for your postnatal recovery.
Suitable from 14 weeks into your pregnancy right up to the day before you give birth, classes are structured to:
- help you to maintain strength throughout your pregnancy
- connect you to your breath
- relieve tension
- create awareness of your pelvic floor and abdominals
- prepare your body and mind for your birthing experience and beyond and help to focus you on a positive birth experience
- work with you to set a foundation in deep abdominal strength to support your baby
Pilates is beneficial before all types of birth.
After birth, your body continues to change and it’s a crucial time for your body to recover from the pregnancy and
birth. While you may be keen to start exercising immediately, it’s important to wait at least 6 weeks from a vaginal birth
or 10 weeks from caesarean birth before joining a class. In these friendly and relaxed classes, you will meet other
Mums and get personalised advice on a safe and effective way to gain strength and move better.
Postnatal Pilates can help you to:
- Improve your posture
- Restore your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles
- Release tension while regaining stability and strength
- Gain a deeper understanding of your postnatal body
- Tone up after pregnancy and learn how to exercise safely
- Recover from Diastasis Recti or prolapses (if any)
Babies up to crawling are welcome to join in the class with you so you don’t have to worry about childcare.
Postnatal Mums & Babies Pilates
Tuesdays 11am – 12pm and 12.15pm – 1.15pm
Thursdays 11.00am – 12.00pm
Antenatal Pilates Class
Thursdays 12.15pm – 1.15pm and 7pm – 8pm
Pilates Matwork Class
Thursday 8.15pm – 9.15pm
£72 for a block of 6