– The Centre’s Covid Policy – (as of June 2022)
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING THE SUNFLOWER CENTRE
Once you have arranged an appointment we ask that you:
- arrive on time for your appointment, as reception is closed and the practitioner will meet you in person at the door
- consider wearing a face mask
- make use of the hand gel when entering the building as well as hand gel outside the toilets prior to using them. Thorough handwashing remains the most effective way to reduce infection.
- arrive ready for the therapy, i.e. avoid the need to get changed in the Centre
- arrive alone where possible, i.e. reduce the number of people in the Centre
- regarding babies/children:
- you may wish to bring your own toys/books along.
- Only one parent to attend, where possible
- please avoid changing nappies on-site if possible
When not to attend
If you develop a fever, a new cough, shortness of breath or loss/change to taste or smell prior to your appointment, please do not attend. You must also not attend if you have been advised to quarantine for any other reason. If you already have an appointment, please contact your therapist as soon as possible if you need to cancel it.
A useful link for deciding what to do or if you are worried is: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
The Sunflower Centre Covid-19 Risk Assessment – key points (more details available on request)
A comprehensive Covid-19 infection prevention and control Risk Assessment was undertaken on 20th May 2020 and is continuously being updated on the basis of the most recent advice as well as advice from the relevant governing body of each therapist:
- hand sanitiser is available both on entry to the building and outside both washrooms
- we have eliminated fabric and replaced it with vinyl/plastic where necessary for ease of cleaning
- disinfection of work surfaces, treatment beds, chairs etc in between treatments
- appropriate ventilation and time buffers between client sessions
- handwashing/hand sanitising before each client
- the wearing of face masks for close contact therapies rests on the practitioner’s discretion
- heightened cleaning procedures are in place
- relevant PPE is in use
- payments by bank transfer only
- practitioners who feel unwell will not be working at the Centre