I began my career in health and well being at the age of 17, teaching martial arts to children and adults and helping to set up a series of martial arts clubs in South East London.
I also have a background in engineering and love to solve a problem. Having qualified with NASM over 15 years ago as a personal trainer and sports fitness specialist, I enjoy working through the biomechanical implications of injury and helping clients towards recovery. I am a keen cyclist and runner, but also practise yoga and meditation and am a great believer in the mind/body/spirit connection.
Several years ago, I began to study manual therapy and am qualified in various soft tissue techniques including sports massage, remedial massage and deep tissue, as well as kinesiology taping, all of which help me hone each client session according to what combination of methods is best for them.
I also sometimes incorporate energy healing and Amatsu (from Taijutsu – manual applications based around structural integration) with clients to improve overall balance and well being.
The benefits of manual and movement therapy include:
- Increased confidence in movement
- A reduction in pain
- Improved performance Recovery from injury
- A reduction in anxiety and stress
I am currently at the Sunflower Centre on Mondays between 5pm and 7pm but other days/time may also be available so please email me for more options.
- South East London Technical College (SELTEC): HNC Engineering (Electrical and Electronic)
- South East London Technical College (SELTEC): HND Engineering (Electrical and Electronic)
- British Karate Kyokushinkai (BKK): 2nd Dan
- Gaijin Ryu Karate Association: 4th Dan
- NASM: Anatomy, Physiology & Sports Biomechanics, Certified Personal Trainer, Sports Fitness Specialist, Flexibility Specialist
- Gateway workshops: Thai massage, levels 1 and 2
- The London Reiki Academy: First Degree and Second Degree Reiki?
- Kinesis UK: Anatomy Trains
- VTCT: Levels 3 and level 4 soft tissue therapy (sports and remedial massage)
- Sports Therapy UK: Myofascial release
- Sports Therapy UK: Neuro Spinal Assessment & Treatment
- Sports Therapy UK: Taping for Sport
- CPDO: Harmonic Technique
Sports Massage is a form of soft tissue therapy. Benefits can include improved recovery from activity or injury, pain reduction and greater flexibility.
Remedial Massage Therapy is a form of soft tissue therapy. Benefits can include improved recovery from activity or injury, pain reduction and greater flexibility.
Therapists use manual techniques that focuses on specific areas of tension and pain.
This therapy covers a variety of different methods that are designed to speed up recovery, relieve tension and help with pain.
This is a rehabilitation tool for sporting injuries and any soft tissue dysfunction that is causing pain and inhibiting movement.
Reiki is a form of energy healing, where the practitioner transmits healing energy via their hands. This can help to remove blockages and to bring calm and healing to your body, mind and soul
Mondays 5pm – 7pm
other days/ times possible – please conact
£65 per session (60 mins)